Fish compatability

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Morticus

Aquarium Advice Freak
I want to set up a 55g FOWLR and would like to get these fish so far:

Dwarf Lionfish - Docile Semi - Carnivore
Porcupine Puffer - Docile - Carnivore
Dwarf Angelfish - Semi - Herbivore / Carnivore
Eels - Semi - Carnivore
Yellow Tang - Semi - Herbivore / Carnivore
Butterflyfish - Docile - Herbivore / Carnivore

Would all these live together fine? Are there any other fish you would recommend with these? I am going to use a sump system, with these fish should I have a protien skimmer?

Too small of a tank! That setup would need at least 125 gal to keep the bioload manageable, and to give the yellow tang and whatever butterfly fish you are getting enough swimming space.

The main problem is that a 55 gallon is too small for this group. The aggression and bioload would become major problems in short order.
The general rule of thumb for SW is 2" of adult fish per 10 gallons. You got about 36 inches of adult fish listed there.
I would do some more research before deciding.

I've decided to get a 75g instead, and have decided on these fish after much research:

Dwarf Lionfish
Yellow Tang
Picasso Triggerfish
Sargassum Angler
Snowflake Eel

Everyone I have talked to agrees that these would work fine together if I introduce/acclimate them right. What do you think?

I would really watch that trigger with that lionfish. Triggers are excellent at avoiding those spines and killing the lion

Back
Top Bottom