Fish compatable?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

SaltyH2O

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 75 gallon fish only with rock aquarium. I don't have any plans on going reef with this tank. My current stock is as follows: small emperor angle, medium size orange clown, blue damsel, medium yellow tang, goby. (1 each) I would like to add some of the following fish but I need some advice on compatibility: puffer, cow fish, trigger. Can any or all of these get along with each other or with my current stock? If not, what other unusual or colorful fish would get along with my current stock. I plan on also adding a blue tang but I know he wont be a problem. Any help would be much appreciated.

The angle is also going to need a 6' tank. Cowfish get 18", so I dont think you should get one. As for triggers you could do niger blue chin and stuff like that. Good Luck!!!!

agreed on tangs needing a 6 foot tank, they really do need that much room believe it or not. Kole tangs are very cool too though adn that would be a better fit I think as well.

I know triggers can get kinda feisty, friends iof mine have one that is quite aggressive. I would worry for the clown and the goby.

Cowfish are a no go as they get way too big. :-(

i wish I had better news for ya'

Thanks for all your input. I will have to do some more research on other fish ideas. Thanks for the kole angel suggestion. Thats a possibility.

Wow I had no idea that cow fish get that big. I guess that's out of the question. I need a much bigger tank. Mmmm

SaltyH2O said:
Wow I had no idea that cow fish get that big. I guess that's out of the question. I need a much bigger tank. Mmmm

Yep, I got slapped with those hard facts too. And they look so cute and innocent in the store LOL

Kole Tangs are very nice. I would recommend one. As for triggerfish, I have a niger triggerfish, and he can be a little aggressive. Last night he picked on my occelaris clown. Good luck with your fish!

This always gets said about tangs ,but not triggers....
" I wouldn't put any trigger in anything less than a 6 foot tank either "

Too bad your not closer to me ,,i'm selling my 125 in about a month or so...

Back
Top Bottom