fish compatibilities

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jimkamal

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hey everyone! I just finished cycling my 16 gallon nano tank with live rock and have only added one dwarf zebra hermit in the tank. He seemed so happy climbing over about 10 lbs of live rocks and about another 10 lbs of base rocks. I have live arogonite sand as the substrate. We are itching on getting fish to put in the tank but am contemplating on which to get. We really like those purple and yellow looking fish (i'm assuming basslets/royal gramma/dottyback??), maybe one clown and possibly one dwarf flame angelfish? The tank is at 0 Ammonia, and 0 Nitrite. If I get those fish, will they be compatible? Will any of them attack our cute little hermit crab? I don't want to create a war in our tank! Just want a few peaceful fish around. Living in Hawaii, we have limited types of marine fish that we can purchase. Catching your own is a no-no too! Any suggestions? PS: I plan on getting some feather duster worms and some zoas too. Maybe in a couple of months.

Hate to be the bearer of bad news, but none of the fish you have listed belong in a 16 gallon tank. Dwarf flame is a minimum of 70 gallons, and just about everything else is a minimum of 30 gallons. Unfortunately, you are very limited with what will be comfortable in a tank that small.

Here's a place to get you started.... nano section of LiveAquaria. Look at the minimum tank sizes in the descriptions.

Nano Fish

yeah unfortunatley 16 gallon limits you to what you can have in the tank, I would look into inverts, fire fish, jawfish, gobies. although if I had a tank that size although it is slightly lower than what you should have I would maybe look at a wartskin or red orange angler on their own as they don't tend to move about much and could be very cool fish.

Back
Top Bottom