Fish compatibility

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

nessaathena0822

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi all! I’ve finally got my 75 gallon tank set up. I have a list of the fish I’m going to purchase, but I wanted to get a second opinion before I went ahead and bought them.

I currently have:

Two paired ocellaris clowns.
A Banggai cardinal
Two peppermint shrimp
A bunch of dwarf ceriths and Nassarius snails

I am definitely getting these, which is what I’d like my other choices to be based on:

1) A purple fire fish
2&3)Two yellow clown gobies

What I’d like to get, but is debatable and up to you guys and what you think is best:

4)A yellow watchman goby w/ paired pistol shrimp
5)A flame angel, but I’m not sure because they don’t usually ship well
6)A lawnmower blenny/ any blenny really
Possibly something else but I think that might be overboard.

Let me know what you guys think!

I'd get one of the last 3 and skip the clown gobies. They are small and you wouldn't see them in a tank that size. I had two in my 55 for a short period of time and never saw them to know if they were dead or alive.

I'd get one of the last 3 and skip the clown gobies. They are small and you wouldn't see them in a tank that size. I had two in my 55 for a short period of time and never saw them to know if they were dead or alive.

Oh darn! Okay. Would getting those guys Max out the amount of fish I could have in there?

If you have corals just be aware that the flame angel could nip at them and make sure you have a top if you get the firefish as they are notorious jumpers. Other than that it seems fine.

If you have corals just be aware that the flame angel could nip at them and make sure you have a top if you get the firefish as they are notorious jumpers. Other than that it seems fine.

I have a top and I don’t have corals! Thank you!

Back
Top Bottom