Fish for a 100gal FOWLR

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Tylerman

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am getting a 100gallon tank soon and I would like some recommendations on fish for it. This is my current stocking plan: 1 koran angelfish or xanthurus cream angelfish, 1 auriga butterfly fish, 1 blue hippo tang, 1 foxface rabbit fish, 1 lunare or red coris wrasse, and 4 swallotail anthias. Will this work?

sounds rather crowded to me. You have alot of fish that will get rather large in there. As far as compatability, it looks alright. Your filtration choices will also help decide the capacity of fish. What did you plan to use?

WELCOME TO AA!!

Please do not cycle with live animals.

I agree with Hara, that will get too crowded. Will you be setting up a QT, tangs tend to be suseptable to ICH.

That *could* work, but I would still like to hear your filtration plans.

You could go with 1.5-2Lbs of a mix of base and LR, for great filtration. Possibly adding a skimmer down the road. I don't have one on my 55G put I will do one on my new tank.

Actually I really like humu humu triggers. Just saw one at LFS for $20. Would 1 of these, 1 green wolf eel, and 1 volitans lionfish work in the 100gal?

You are going to keep asking and I am going to keep replying the same thing. The fish you JUST mentioned are very messy eaters and tough on the bioload. I would not recommend them unless you were committed to buying a skimmer and had GOOD filtration. We are not just being nosey, there are reasons we ask these questions. Do some independent reading on these animals then come back and ask questions about them.

I agree with Hara. To add, the eel and lion fish will eat your other fish, the trigger will move any rock or coral that is not attached.

I wouldn't recommend the Koran Angelfish, just cause they need a lot more than 100 gallons to thrive. They tend to get around 15in and take up a lot of room and are very messy eaters.

Back
Top Bottom