fish for a 72 gal fish only

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Jason

Aquarium Advice FINatic
ok so I have a stainless stand for a 72 bowfront. I am getting the tank for it in feb. initially I was going to make it a reef, but in the past few weeks I have started to like fish that I can't put in a reef so that kind of settled it, FISH ONLY! I already have 2 nano reefs and I am going to get a third probably in the next few weeks and I just bought a 1/2 gallon that is going to be a reef as well (woot woot!! it cycled in 1 day somehow lol).

Either way I like the look of a smaller reef better than a big one for some odd reason so the 72 is going to be a FOWLR system.

getting to the point, I am going to put a huma huma trigger in it definately(it's my wifes fav) and more than likely a clown trigger, but what besides that? I like puffers, but I know it's really to small for that. I like Lions to but I'm not to sure about those either. So how much can I put in it and what can I put in it? I know there is that little thingie on the site but it's just 1" per 5 gallons that means I have 15" if I play it safe(witch I don't BTW so for me it'll be more like whatever isn't cramped). so you guys give me some ideas, I'm up for suggestions!

thanks for any replies!!!!!

Depending on the size of all the fish when u get them, i would look into a fiji puffer, lions would be fine they are inactive fish and will ussually just sit around all day (be careful they can hurt you), many kinds of eels snowflakes, chain, tesselata, zebras. Foxface, harliquin tuskfish (great pet fish), larger wrasses such as the birdnose, lunar, klunzinger.

do not put all of these in one tank, but these guys would all work in a fowlr, so look into these they are great fish.

so would 1 huma trigger, 1 small puffer, and 1 harliquin tusk be okay for a 72 (considering they all get along)?

they would go in in this order
puffer
tusk
trigger
that's probably best right?

Back
Top Bottom