Fish ideas?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Regan_tyler

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm new to saltwater don't know much but I've had a good stable tank running for the past 6-9 months with only a maroon clown fish an a few peices of live rock, I'm trying to think of some cool exotic scary looking saltwater fish that would fit in my 30 gallon long tank can you help with some ideas? I really like eels! Nothing poisonous tho haha!

You could have a snowflake eel if you have a tight fitting top or screen. They get pretty big but are sedentary and don't use much room.

You could have a snowflake eel if you have a tight fitting top or screen. They get pretty big but are sedentary and don't use much room.
Could it really live in my tank most places that I've read say its to small?

I'm new to saltwater don't know much but I've had a good stable tank running for the past 6-9 months with only a maroon clown fish an a few peices of live rock, I'm trying to think of some cool exotic scary looking saltwater fish that would fit in my 30 gallon long tank can you help with some ideas? I really like eels! Nothing poisonous tho haha!

Dwarf fuzzy lionfish.

Yeah I would say that a 30 is defo too small for something the size of a snowflake IMO. dwarf fuzzy lion, flame hawkfish or a toby puffer would be cool in that size tank

I heard about a green wolf eel have any of you guys cared for those? An other small eels?

I'd still sat too small as these grow a 1' 6" which Is quite a length

Is there anyway I can make my clown fish less aggressive to new tank mates

Is there anyway I can make my clown fish less aggressive to new tank mates

Once they've established territory, they can be a little aggressive. You could put him in QT for a week or so, rearrange the rocks and then put him back in. He'll think it's a new tank and might be less aggressive. Might help, might not.

Back
Top Bottom