Fish on order!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Flaxon-Waxon

Aquarium Advice Addict
My LFS is ordering me a yellow watchman goby, pistol shrimp, and a coral beauty... Can't wait til they're QT'd and ready to go! These will top my stock off, and also the threadfin anthia and 6 line I recently added are doing marvelous :cool:

The yellow watchman is on my list as well! They are really cool looking I just need to research it a little more! Let me know what you think when you get him! That's cool!

I will! They pair with pistol shrimp too... That's why I'm adding him as well... It's "an interesting symbiotic relationship for the tank" according to my guy at the LFS :cool:

The pistol and goby combo is a really cool relationship. Just make sure aNY coral in the sandbed don't get covered by all the displaced sand and that your rocks are well secured.

No corals in this tank but thank... And who is the terrorist with destroying 'scape, the watchman or the shrimp?

I'll keep that in mind... Nothing like an engineer goby tho right??

Love the watchmen! Got 1 on my list as well! Soon hopefully!

I have a yellow watchman and pistol shrimp. I love watching them work together! If you get one, leave a bunch of shell fragments near the openings to The burrow and the shrimp will use them to shore up the walls inside the burrow. The shrimp can move pieces of shell as big as he is!! Mine has built an entire "hallway" leading up to the burrow opening out of shell frags to prevent sand from closin the opening. I've had to replenish the shell frag pile a few times over couple months. My goby doesn't leave the shrimps side, so he doesnt sand sift at all, which I kinda wanted him to. The only downside to the shrimp is that I know he killed a couple of cerith snails cuz I saw their shells shoring up walls near the entrance to he burrow. :(

Here's a picture of the shell "hallway" he built leadin to the entry of burrow. :)

image-1696372727.jpg

Beengirl said:
Here's a picture of the shell "hallway" he built leadin to the entry of burrow. :)

Oh wow nice! So looks like I shouldnt clean out all the abandoned shells in my tank after all! Thanks!

Back
Top Bottom