fish only... how many?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Lady Elizabeth

Aquarium Advice Regular
i have a 30gal and i want to set up a FO tank. i only want to put damsels cause i'm putting this up for my nieces and nephews... how many fish can i put in the tank, and would it be ok for the damsels if i don't put corals? i'm planning to put some rocks for decor, thanks :D

A FO tank is a good start and the damsels are hardy fish. If you got to the top of this page there is a heading titled calculator and you can find a fish capacity calculator there. The normal recommendation is 1 inch of adult fish per 5 gallons of tank(do not measure the tails). You can place some decorative items in the tank that will give the fish some habitat to live in and swim through. HTH

thanks! the reason i don't want to put corals cause they might carry some diseases :D i'm just a beginner so i'll start with damsels... :D :D i bought some plastic plants for decor and some rocks.

I agree with austinsdad about corals being less risk from disease. Right now my main tank has no fish for another 5 weeks due to ick. I am concentrating on my corals to get the tank looking good. You should not have to worry about much with them.

corals are also a VERY tough thing to keep... a lot tougher than fish... Instead of decorative rock, get live rock... it is a natural filter and it looks good... maybe some invertibrates such as crabs shrimp snails or starfish would be cool??? They also help keep the tank clean. Protien skimmers are the best filtration IMO...

Back
Top Bottom