I currently have a nano saltwater aquarium with a very small amount of live rock. More for decorative purposes really. I am looking to convert my Juwel Rio 350 to saltwater. I have heard many different ways of doing this and i just wanted some opinions on my forward plans.
So here's what i plan to do.
1. Completely remove everything inside the tank and filter and clean out.
2. Set down a crushed coral base.
3. Replace media in filter for Carbon & Wool
4. Install 2 Powerheads for circulation
5. Use the existing heater
6. Fill with Saltwater and cycle
I am reluctant to put in the live rock due to the high cost although i appreciate this is a great filtration method. What i am more concerned about is whether the built in filter on my Juwel will be good enough? It seems to be fine on my smaller tank!
Look forward to your thoughts