fish "wishlist"

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Agreed, right after cycling yoru tank is not the time to add too many fish at once. Like if you wanted a pair of clowns I would say go for it but otherwise one fish or maybe two at a time. Kinda depends on the fish too. And after that you should wait a week or two before adding again, just enough time to let the bacteria catch up to your bioload. :)

Are you considering a quarantine tank? Would be a wise investment. I;ve been qt'ing my fish since I had an unknown outbreak that wiped out 6 fish in less than a week. Just something to think about. A 10g tank and some sort of filter is all you really need for it, oh, and a heater.

Agreed, right after cycling yoru tank is not the time to add too many fish at once. Like if you wanted a pair of clowns I would say go for it but otherwise one fish or maybe two at a time. Kinda depends on the fish too. And after that you should wait a week or two before adding again, just enough time to let the bacteria catch up to your bioload. :)

Are you considering a quarantine tank? Would be a wise investment. I;ve been qt'ing my fish since I had an unknown outbreak that wiped out 6 fish in less than a week. Just something to think about. A 10g tank and some sort of filter is all you really need for it, oh, and a heater.

Yeah i definitely want a quarantine tank before I purchase any fish
Sorry about your loss!

so i know i'm in the fowlr section, but i've still been doing research and thinking about doing reef. liveaquaria says minimum tank size for a maroon clown is 30 gal, but i heard they can be pretty generous. if a maroon was the only fish in the tank what would you say the min size should be?

id personally stick with 30 at a minimum MAYBE 25. they get 5-6 inches long so they are relatively big. mine is roughly 5" and although none of my triggers or tangs pick on him, he doesnt show any outward aggression.

My maroon is 5" and he uses the whole 75g tank, so the minimum IMO would really be something like a 40g breeder. Liveaquaria sometimes has minimums that are too small and then sometimes they have some that are too big. I wouldn't rely solely on it.

thanks guys.

also the maroon on liveaquaria is marked as semi aggressive, but the yellow stripe maroon is marked as aggressive. are they really that different?

I don't see my MaY clown as aggresive, more like peaceful. . . But then again he is in with 2 triggers and a black volitan lion lol

Back
Top Bottom