Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 02-16-2013, 11:44 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Freak

Flame angel dead

I have lost a blue spotted puffer, kole tang and a flame angel in the past week! None of them showed signs of illness (no white spots or rubbing on rocks) the puffer did lose color and perch on some rocks but people said that was him "sleeping". I had my water tested at 2 different LFS and both said my parameters were really good (minus the high salinity that has been fixed). My tank is 90 gallons with a 20 gallon sump and I am running an in sump protein skimmer. I have 2 fish left in the tank, the fox face that was the 2nd fish added so he has been there for a while and the banana wrasse who is the newest addition( about 2 weeks). And they both look fine and are eating normally. Can anyone tell me what might be going on? Or what I should do?

Old 02-16-2013, 01:08 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumperAlex View Post
I have lost a blue spotted puffer, kole tang and a flame angel in the past week! None of them showed signs of illness (no white spots or rubbing on rocks) the puffer did lose color and perch on some rocks but people said that was him "sleeping". I had my water tested at 2 different LFS and both said my parameters were really good (minus the high salinity that has been fixed). My tank is 90 gallons with a 20 gallon sump and I am running an in sump protein skimmer. I have 2 fish left in the tank, the fox face that was the 2nd fish added so he has been there for a while and the banana wrasse who is the newest addition( about 2 weeks). And they both look fine and are eating normally. Can anyone tell me what might be going on? Or what I should do?
Get yourself your own kit, test yourself it's good to get into the habit. You use RO/DI water? Can you exact numbers of parameters? I'm sorry about losing that many fish I know it stinks. Something for sure is going on, If I can't help hopefully others will chime in.

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:14 PM   #3
Aquarium Advice Freak

I do have my own test kit but I wanted to get a second and third opinion. SG is 1.026
Ph-8.1
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- less then 5ppm.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:15 PM   #4
Aquarium Advice Freak

Oh and I use conditioned tap water. Same as with my fresh water aquariums and my 36g SW tank and they are all fine.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:17 PM   #5
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Originally Posted by JumperAlex View Post
I do have my own test kit but I wanted to get a second and third opinion. SG is 1.026
Ph-8.1
Ammonia-0
Nitrite-0
Nitrate- less then 5ppm.
Hmmm tests look good, you found them or did the CUC get them? Any signs of bullied or maybe an infection. ich?

"When creating an aqua scape, strive for the beauty of imperfection, as its art and there is no wrong or right, it's left open for interpretation" James Findley
Convict2161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2013, 01:29 PM   #6
Aquarium Advice Freak

Found all of them, no white marks. The tang looked great, full color and not picked apart or anything just laying at the bottom. Te puffer I found sucked against the overflow in pale "sleep" colors and te flame angels colors looked great as well but after he passed the banana wrasse ate his eye out .
Old 02-16-2013, 01:35 PM   #7
Aquarium Advice Addict

I'm still going with the idea that something might be going on with the white patches on you puffer from your "Ich" post a while ago. You said it was mostly when it was sleeping, but the pic you posted was when it was awake and those look like patches, not discoloration to me.
Old 02-16-2013, 01:44 PM   #8
Aquarium Advice Freak

Could that be what'a killing the others even if they aren't showing any signs?
Old 02-16-2013, 06:28 PM   #9
Aquarium Advice Freak

Great advice dark side, so glad there are people like you on this forum to help the new less experienced people like myself.

Tags
angel, dead, flame, flame angel

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com