Flame angelfish for 34 gallon cube?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Houseisafeeling

Aquarium Advice Newbie
Hello all I've got a red sea max 34 gallon cube that I've just got. It's been in use for 8 months with small percs, dottyback and the usual snails and cleaner shrimps.
Can I possibly put a Flame angelfish or a Majestic Angelfish into the tank. Also eventually next year I plan to setup a 250g saltwater reef setup. I don't want to stress either of these two Angelfishes due to a small 34g cube but will it be alright for now to have until next year when I get my huge tank? sorry for the newbie question on the matter thanks!:confused:

Thanks for the link Melosu. I saw the other dwarf angels they look nice too. Maybe I can go for the other dwarf Singapore Angelfish?

Perhaps I missed something in the links, but Singapore angels are not dwarf's (Centropyge) and reach 7", feeding upon sponges, algae, tunicates, etc.

^ After I went to the main slelection for dwarf angelfish it showed the Singapore angelfish on the bottom row to the right. would my 34 gallon red sea max be to small for that as well?

"A minimum of a 50 gallon tank or larger provided with live rock for grazing will also help provide an optimal environment. The Singapore Angelfish is prone to nip at stony and soft corals (sessile invertebrates) and clam mantles" is what that site states.

Wait till you get a larger tank. Then decide what you want that tank to become. If you think you want to have corals a/o clams you need to carefully review the livestock plans to make sure all are compatible.

Back
Top Bottom