Flat worm problem

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

joshpwolf

Aquarium Advice Freak
I have had a plague of orange flat worms take over my tank. Are there any fish or crab that will eat them. I have been stucking them out with wc but it seems the more I take out twice as many appear.

My lfs suggested I use a mandarin wrasse and it will take care of the flat worm problem. Has anyone used them for this. Just looking to see if they will clean up tank

joshpwolf said:
My lfs suggested I use a mandarin wrasse and it will take care of the flat worm problem. Has anyone used them for this. Just looking to see if they will clean up tank

Melanarius wrasse sorry

The wrasse may or may not eat the flatworms. Did you try the Salifert Flatworm eXit? That will definitely kill them even tho it usually takes more than 1 treatment.

Salifert's Flatworm Exit works great! Just make sure you've got a canister filter full of more carbon than you think you'd need cuz when a flatworm dies it releases a toxin that's very harmful to fish. When a few die it won't bother them, but when you kill hundreds at a time it could wipe a tank out

Back
Top Bottom