Foamed up

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

POLARBEAR0871

Aquarium Advice Addict
I just started a FOWLR tank and its going great. Im doing a filterless tank so the live rock is going to clean my tank. I just have one problem when I put the sand in yesterday I lost grip of the bag and it all rushed into the tank and now it created foam I really need help getting rid of this any tips would be great btw it's a 40g tank

I'm not sure if your supposed to do this but I guess it wouldn't hurt. This is what I did when I set mine up. I took a cup and tried to get out most of it. Just like doing a water change without the gravel vac.

I would recommend you get a good skimmer and a power head pointed at the surface. This is normal if you have no skimming or flow in your tank.....you need at least 2 power heads rated for your 40 gal. tank for the liverock to filter properly.

Yeah I do need to go out and get a skimmer and a power head I don't have anymore money now

a powerhead pointed at the surface to move the water would be better than nothing and your lfs should have on for less than $20.

You can use a fish net and skim the top of the water with it and get the foam out. I agree a powerhead would do your tank a big favor. :) Cjeck out ebay as well. I just picked up 2 double head cheap powerheads with magnetic holders for $50, so about $25 for a single one.
They wont last forever I bet but the price is right to give it a try

You can use a fish net and skim the top of the water with it and get the foam out. I agree a powerhead would do your tank a big favor. :) Cjeck out ebay as well. I just picked up 2 double head cheap powerheads with magnetic holders for $50, so about $25 for a single one.
They wont last forever I bet but the price is right to give it a try

Yep, eBay has some good deals. You just have to search around. I got a powerhead for like $16 shipped!

I just needed a lot of flow for my two trash cans for water storage but I needed the magnetic mount and not the suction cups. lol I paid a few bucks more to have that feature but well worth it to me anyways. lol I hate those suction cups, they always fall down on me

Back
Top Bottom