Food blocks

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Serafin

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have seen in my LFS that they have 3,5,7 day feeding blocks which you drop into the tank and they slowly release a food. Has anyone used or got any experience with this type of item. This would not be a item used all the time as that would be terrible, just be be used when I'm very rarely away from my tank for a few days.

For freshwater I'd say it would be fine, but for a saltwater tank it would be safer ask a neighbor/friend/family member to feed the tank when you're gone.

Tried some before I went to Vegas 2 weeks ago. I ended up having girlfriend feed my fish. The kind I got had pellets in it which really just blossomed really like the edges of the released food feathered out and they float around the tank and get stuck to everything! I did not like it ! I've done a Ton of water changes and they float around like dandelion fuzzies. They are super annoying ill let you know the brand in the morning !

You can be away from the tank for a few days without feeding. The fish will be fine. I fed a tank I maintained twice a week for 2 years, and the fish were fat and happy. I would not use those melting food things.

Back
Top Bottom