Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 01-06-2007, 09:40 PM   #11
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Wow, I can't get my lion to eat anything but live food. Wish I had your problem. He is very docile and friendly to all my other fish right now and he loves to look at me(good natured so far), but won't eat anything I give all the others. What were you feeding yours?

Old 01-06-2007, 09:43 PM   #12
Aquarium Advice Apprentice

Oh by the way, congrats on saving the tank and fish from your roomate. His loss, your gain.

Old 01-06-2007, 11:34 PM   #13
Aquarium Advice Freak

lol thanks.

When I got him, the lady suggested to me frozen krill so I got some of that. The 1st day he didnt touch it, and a different place suggested frozen mysis shrimp. That did the trick, just broke off a piece and tossed it in right in front of his face, and all the little shrimpie bits started to thaw and move around like they were alive and he took em. After that he ate pretty much anything I put in. I then got a bag of Cichlid Staple large floating pellets and he liked those too, and that was his diet.

I'd suggest trying mysis shrimp, maybe put em right near the outlet of your filter so they look like theyre moving on theyre own.

Tags
rio

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com