FOWLER question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Closetcanibal

Aquarium Advice Activist
Ok, so I have a 20 gallon SW FOWLER that i have set up. I was going to wait and get live rock after christmas, but a guy on CL was selling some. I got a really good deal and got 25 lbs from his tank which used to have corals in it and then 20 lbs from his refugium. he also threw in a large snail, 2 hermit crabs, a sand sifting star and 2 black and white ocellaris clownfish. My question is the clownfish are non-agressive, would i be ok to put a condy anmone in there too, I don't know how difficult they would be in a 20 gal. Water params are perfect do PWC's and yverything, but it is my first saltwater tank. I dont wanna get in over my head...any suggestions?

Need fantastic water and a lot of light. I don't see why not. Just get a ton if light and perfect water and I say go for it. The clowns may not host though.

crister13 said:
Need fantastic water and a lot of light. I don't see why not. Just get a ton if light and perfect water and I say go for it. The clowns may not host though.

Yes, so wait a long time. It is usually recommended to waut a year for any anenomes. How old is the tank? The sand sifting star also needs a very established sand bed, in most cases they starve to death and you cant find them

The tank is about 2 months old and I agree the star needs established tank but the gentlemen was going to throw him away do I took him he lost 4k in coral when his lights broke and he was gone for a month. I'm hoping that he will be ok. I cycled my tank way before I got the rocks and fish and acclimated the star and fish using the drip method so I'm hoping they will be fine. The clowns are doing super and I have seen the Star quite a bit but I have some bad anemones right now and I was thinking kalkwasser of joes juice? Which would be best? So consensus is wait a year to get an anemone right?

Closetcanibal said:
The tank is about 2 months old and I agree the star needs established tank but the gentlemen was going to throw him away do I took him he lost 4k in coral when his lights broke and he was gone for a month. I'm hoping that he will be ok. I cycled my tank way before I got the rocks and fish and acclimated the star and fish using the drip method so I'm hoping they will be fine. The clowns are doing super and I have seen the Star quite a bit but I have some bad anemones right now and I was thinking kalkwasser of joes juice? Which would be best? So consensus is wait a year to get an anemone right?

Ya, you could try going to the lfs and getting credit for the star, better chances of it living. People spot target the apistia (thats what theyr called) with lemon juice/ kalkaseltzer water (sp??) or use meds. Your choice although natural is better

Back
Top Bottom