Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 07-20-2011, 03:14 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Send a message via Skype™ to KeeperOfFish

Does this mean that the tank has only live rock and fish no coral or anything?

KeeperOfFish is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 05:47 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Yes, well, it's supposed to. Most live rock comes with some sort of coral like sponges or even aiptasia lol. Most people always eventually get a piece of coral or two even if they weren't planning to just because there are absolutely no reasons not to, unless they have some sort of livestock that will eat the coral.

slitherbomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2011, 10:03 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion
FOWLR= Fish Only with Live Rock. It's a good idea for those that want a predator tank or a tank with coral eating/nipping fish . Plus side is you dont' need extreme lighting for corals so the setup can be alot cheaper in the long run. I have a 29g cube with just rock and fish as I havent gotten around to adding corals yet, not even thinking I will since I have a 125g reef and a 4g coral pico tank.

Options are endless either way.

Good luck!
180g Reef - 60g Rimless Reef -90G FOWLR- 125g Malawi Cichlids- 40b REEF- 34g Fresh Planted-working on- 20L FOWLR- working on
I have a mix of many different saltwater fish amongst my tanks, but I love my Tangs most of all.
carey is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com