Fowlr high nitrate question

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I'm not 100% here but id say you would begin seeing losses at around 80 but I wouldn't ever let it get above 20.. all fish are different though even of the same species so one may die at 40 while the same kind of fish makes it thru an entire cycle of spikes reaching 100 trates..bottom line keep your nitrates as low as you can ;)

I have had some really huge readings over the last year and not once have I lost a fish to nitrates. I believe though it's like freshwater, the fish get used to it and changing it to pristine water can be a problem. Old tank syndrome I think they call it.

I would aim to keep them under 40 though in a fowlr. Couple large pwc's and you should be there.

I have to agree with Carey, I've always had high nitrates and never lost a fish for that reason but if you keep them between 10 and 40 you should'nt have a problem. Right now I have them at 2

I personally used it a few yeras ago and I believe it did nothing. I dont trust those solutions in a bottle usually, I'm a cynic. lol

Back
Top Bottom