Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-11-2011, 09:29 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Newbie
Fowlr question

theres a petco near me that has the aqueon 29 gallon kit on sale for 75 bucks would the lighting in that kit and a marineland biowheel triple stage filter that runs 350 gallons per hour be good enough for a FOWLR set-up with out having problems?

deathfromabove is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-11-2011, 09:32 PM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict

Send a message via MSN to mr_X
yes. you won't need the bio wheel with live rock, but yep...you can use that tank and light. live rock doesn't need light to be live. it's only so you can see the fish and they can see to eat.

mr_X is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-12-2011, 12:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice FINatic
Does the aqueon kit not come with a filter and heater? Or is it just a tank and light?

Also, the marineland filter with 350 gph is quite high for a 29 gallon tank. If you want to save money, the marineland penguin 200 is sufficient enough. Thats what my LFS recommended to me for my 36g. But if you have the money to spare, its not too bad. I also threw on my aqueon filter that came as a kit with my tank, so I have a total of 400 gph running on my tank right now.
Henry405 is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com