FOWLR Stocking Ideas - Please Advise

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

ctmedman

Aquarium Advice Activist
Hi. I'd like to first say that I'm very grateful for website like this. I've been reading the forums and they are extremely helpful. I'm in the process of starting my tank and am trying to decide on livestock.

I have a 72gal FOWLR tank that is completely cycled and ready to go. I set up my quarantine tank today and once that is cycled I will get my first fish. The question is what to get?

I am interested in getting the following:

Dwarf Lionfish
Snowflake eel
Yellow Long Nose Butterfly
Flame Angel
Yellow Tang
Picasso Triggerfish
Porcupine Pufferfish

What do you think of this selection?? Are they compatible? What order should I add them in?

I would also like to get a clean-up crew consisting of hermit crabs and shrimp. Is it possible to have this in an aggressive tank?

This might be a more personal question but which is more interesting for most out there...an aggressive tank like this one or a more docile fish tank with shrimp and crabs?

Thanks in advance.

Welcome to Aquarium Advice!!!! :D :D :D

You might want to take a look at the compatibility chart on the home page!

As for your fish..

Lionfish - could sting all your tank mates
Porcupine and triggers need alot of room and the puffer will eat anything that can fit in its mouth.. The triggerfish could easily kill all the docile fish in that tank..

You might want to stick to

Long NoseButterfly
Snowflake Eel
Flame Angel
Yellow Tang

the eel is a waste producer.. alot of waste

you might want to look into smaller species such as blennies, gobies etc..

Good luck

Back
Top Bottom