fowlr tank soon to be in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
yeah i suppose, im pretty sure my LFS uses the strips tho..

I was just lookin at my tank and i noticed very tiny white things crawling all over the glass.. not sure how many to be exact but theyre really tiny, like the size of the tip of a pen. any idea what they are? no way to take a picture, wayy too small for that.

There was a thread not too long ago about the same thing I would check it out!

just posted my own thread and 2 people just said theyre "copepods" and that its normal. so yay thank god for that haha atleast something is goin right for me :)

Well if ya got pods, it's a good sign. People may not like this answer, but it's an opinion- I would
pull the shrimp, have your LFS test the water, and drop a hermit crab in there. It's not like you're adding 7 fish and an entire CUC...

Did u see my reply about making sure you are doing the nitrate test right?

My tank is cycled.. I'm an idiot lol I didn't shake the nitrate test tube enough afterwards allowing it to mix lol so they aren't 0ppm.. they're 10-20ppm! Lol

Nice! When I got my trates reading, I put a pair of mocha clowns in... Have fun man! It's been quite a journey so far for you...

Benamayer said:
Nice! When I got my trates reading, I put a pair of mocha clowns in... Have fun man! It's been quite a journey so far for you...

Oh it definitely has! Haha can't wait til I can add more :)

Well you can to be honest, I just won't voice my opinion about it too much because people like to yell sometimes... I can tell you what worked for me because I had a similar setup to yours. PM me if ya wanna. I just don't feel like getting cut up by some critics on here :cool:

Benamayer said:
Well you can to be honest, I just won't voice my opinion about it too much because people like to yell sometimes... I can tell you what worked for me because I had a similar setup to yours. PM me if ya wanna. I just don't feel like getting cut up by some critics on here :cool:

You got it!

Benamayer said:

You said it!

Yep, time for a trip to the LFS. I recommend going easy and researching each animal before you buy. Everything good in a saltwater tank happens slowly and thoughtfully.

You said it!

Yep, time for a trip to the LFS. I recommend going easy and researching each animal before you buy. Everything good in a saltwater tank happens slowly and thoughtfully.

So i hear :) i picked up one hermit crab today, think im gonna get another hermit tomorrow and maybe a snail to start with :)

Back
Top Bottom