Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread Display Modes
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
 
Old 08-17-2012, 10:06 PM   #221
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Flaxon-Waxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 2,788
I run 1026 alllllll dayyyyyy longggggg...
__________________

__________________
Flaxon-Waxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #222
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benamayer
I run 1026 alllllll dayyyyyy longggggg...
Never any problems??
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:07 PM   #223
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Flaxon-Waxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 2,788
No sir. A lot of people will tell you they run 1026...
__________________
Flaxon-Waxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:08 PM   #224
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benamayer
No sir. A lot of people will tell you they run 1026...
Okay then I guess I'm good.. probably another water change in a few days
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:09 PM   #225
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Flaxon-Waxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 2,788
Is your ammonia test the same color as the one in the pic you posted?
__________________
Flaxon-Waxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:10 PM   #226
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benamayer
Is your ammonia test the same color as the one in the pic you posted?
Umm I can't remember lol its at .25ppm right now
__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:39 PM   #227
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
CorallineAlgae's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2012
Location: Louisiana
Posts: 3,115
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benamayer
No sir. A lot of people will tell you they run 1026...
I like 1,026 myself, but in small tanks it's a good idea to run it at 1.025 only because it doesn't take much evaporation to make your salt levels go higher.. very quickly. If you run it at 1.025 you won't go into very high specific gravity levels as easily. It just gives you a little more room for evaporation before high salinity stress can hurt anything.

Still, if you always top off your tank or use an auto top-off system 1.026 is perfect. Just don't go anywhere during a hot weekend. ^_~
__________________
CorallineAlgae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:41 PM   #228
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
Flaxon-Waxon's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2012
Location: NH
Posts: 2,788
Quote:
Originally Posted by CorallineAlgae

I like 1,026 myself, but in small tanks it's a good idea to run it at 1.025 only because it doesn't take much evaporation to make your salt levels go higher.. very quickly. If you run it at 1.025 you won't go into very high specific gravity levels as easily. It just gives you a little more room for evaporation before high salinity stress can hurt anything.

Still, if you always top off your tank or use an auto top-off system 1.026 is perfect. Just don't go anywhere during a hot weekend. ^_~
Good call! I didn't really factor in the small tank evap consideration... But even in my 55, I'll
top off with a gallon and a half and it won't move my salinity down. It's all proportional really, as long as you do your top offs...
__________________
Flaxon-Waxon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2012, 10:49 PM   #229
Aquarium Advice Addict
 
DanS180's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Blackwood, NJ
Posts: 3,346
Quote:
Originally Posted by Benamayer

Good call! I didn't really factor in the small tank evap consideration... But even in my 55, I'll
top off with a gallon and a half and it won't move my salinity down. It's all proportional really, as long as you do your top offs...
Well maybe I'll take some water out and then top off to bring it down a little believe it or not, even tho its a small tank, not as much evap as you would think which is also good
__________________

__________________
DanS180 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
fowlr, tan

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off








» Photo Contest Winners








Copyright 2002- Social Knowledge, LLC All Rights Reserved.

All times are GMT -4. The time now is 12:55 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.8 Beta 1
Copyright ©2000 - 2017, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.