fowlr tank soon to be in progress

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

DanS180

Aquarium Advice Addict
What kind of stock list could I do for a 16G bow front?? I'm new to SW so I'm just keeping my options open, I really like any type of clown fish but everyone keeps saying a minimum of 20G is required.

Any suggestions will be appreciated! Thanks!

I would say 20 gallon for a pair of clowns, 1 clown in a 16 should be ok. Not many fish that go in a 16 though...

Well your advice started off good then it went downhill :/ haha.. guess I'm gonna be doing a clown and some snails/hermits, maybe some peppermint shrimp lol

Haha nooo im saying there are not a ton of differant type of fish that can go in a 16 (not a ton of variety) but definitly about 3 fish can fit!

Nu-Nu the eel said:
Haha nooo im saying there are not a ton of differant type of fish that can go in a 16 (not a ton of variety) but definitly about 3 fish can fit!

Hahaha well yeah I'm unfortunately limited to a 16G only bc I have my 180G FW covering my whole dining room lol

I've never done SW before and figured it'd be kind of cool to try one. Plus my gf loves clown fish so that's the only reason I'm allowed to do this tank haha

Anything else to go with a clown?

Nu-Nu the eel said:
I would go clown, bangaii cardnal (small), and clown goby :)

Okay I'll have to look into those others guys, any specific type of clown? Would I be able to do a black clown? Or u think an occellaris would be best?

Crazy fish man said:
That may be okay as long as the goby isnt agressive

Well I read that they are rather peaceful fish but can get territorial toward its own kind, but obviously I would only have 1 of them if I could

No, a 5-6" fish can't go in a 16g. Ever. I would just do a clown and a goby. Firefish instead of cardinal. The cardinal wouldn't fit in a 16 IMO.

If Ur a beginner to saltwater a 55 gallon is best that way if anything goes wrong u can catch it in time

Kstadthebad said:
If Ur a beginner to saltwater a 55 gallon is best that way if anything goes wrong u can catch it in time

Not possible.. already have a 180G in the room its goin in.. and it's a 1 bedroom apartment lol

crister13 said:
No, a 5-6" fish can't go in a 16g. Ever. I would just do a clown and a goby. Firefish instead of cardinal. The cardinal wouldn't fit in a 16 IMO.

Okay I was thinking a 5-6" fish was too big, I'm definitely going to get an occy clown, not sure what type of goby I'll be getting, have to research different ones I guess.

Back
Top Bottom