Went to a new Aquarium store today to try and pick up additional members of my clean up crew. Discussed my tank, it's current state and future plans. Like most of the shops I've been to, I met Hubris, Arrogance and condesention. Should I treat a FOWLR
like a Reef tank? I have a 90 gallon tank w a Mega Flow 3 Sump + 540 gph
Rio 2500 watt pump (Bio Balls REMOVED). a Coralife needle wheel protein skimmer (upto 125 gallons) and a 9 W UV
Filter in the sump. In the tank is about 80 lbs of Carib Alive sand (4 inch base) and 80-90 lbs of Live rock from established tanks plus another Powerhead moving 294 gph
. Never had an Ammonia/Nitrite or Nitrate spike. I used prime when I initially put the water in, and Stability daily for the first week. Today's readings
Salinity 1.020, pH 8.3, temp 78 F, Calcium 460, dKA 7, Ammonia/Nitrite/Nitrate 0ppm
1. Do I need to test my dKa and Calcium if I don't have coral?
2. Is this a "Reef" tank if it's FOWLR
3. Do I need to test for Phosphates?
4. Slowly added fish over the last 2 weeks and still no Ammonia, Nitrite or Nitrate.
5. Should I be placing a Calcium or Alkilinity buffer?