fox face lo

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

steve r

Aquarium Advice FINatic
any one have experience with fox face lo? i have read they are reef safe and are okay in a 75g. any other info or personal experience?

steve r

I had a fox face lo, it was a great addition to the tank. Mild mannered and did quite well until it was encouraged to carpet surf by an aggressive tang.

I was curious about the Foxface Lo, myself. I would appreciate any input about this fish as well, I never actually got the fish due to the fact that they were venomous.

Same situation as with lionfish. The fish do not come attacking you, most injuries are incurred when the tank owner is not paying attention.

I have one and he's been great! It's interesting watching him change colors when he hides. We had a community tank with him, a dwarf lionfish, a blue tang, and a heniochus. He didn't pick on any of them and the others left him alone too. After a few months the blue tang went around nipping on the others fins but the fox face was the only fish he left alone. I have heard he would be fine in an aggressive tank too. Mine has never bothered any cucumbers, corals, anenomes, inverts, etc. He's also been very hardy. Definitely one of my favorite fish!

Love mine too. I was concerned about it being venomous but he is not aggressive at all. I have a powder blue tang that picks on him a bit, he flares and sometimes it looks like he is aiming for the tang but I think he is only giving a warning

I've had mine for a couple months. Seems fine. He's in a 120 with a Blue Hippo, Yellow Tang, 2 clowns, and 3 Henis.

He's the one spot variety, BTW.

Spin

thanks for all the first hand experience. as i was looking into the fox face lo i came across the scribbled rabbit fish. has anyone had one of these. they seem to have very similar requirements and temperments

steve r

Back
Top Bottom