Foxface

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mike406

Aquarium Advice Regular
So my ammonia is 0 nitrate is 10 and nitrite 0. Ph 8.2. Salt is perfect. 2 power heads. Y is my fox face swimming to the top constantly. My box fish isn't and my cardinal isnt either. ???? Any body have an opinion. Please let me know. It's driving me nuts

Common behavior.. I don't understand what the problem is.

Your fox face keeps swimming to the top of the aquarium???? Maybe he is hungry

How many times a day should I feed the. I give 1 frozen cube of mices shrimp in the am and 1 frozen cube of red frozen something in the pm with a medicine dropper. So I watch that they are all eating and no food is wasted much for pollution reasons. I have 1 fix face 1 box fish 1 cardinal and 2 blue chromis all small. What do u think ?

Yes there is surface agitation. A nice current on the top. 2 300 gph power heads on each side of tank facing the middle and pointing upwards

Sounds good to me actually. However foxface
are herbivores I think. I had one and fed it krill and stuck an algae strip in the tank. He did great till he outgrew my tank .

Post some pics

Shaker said:
Sounds good to me actually. However foxface
are herbivores I think. I had one and fed it krill and stuck an algae strip in the tank. He did great till he outgrew my tank .

Post some pics

image-3675792224.jpg

What should I get as far as food he loves ?

He looks kinda skinny but that might just be the pic. Mine had internal parasites I had to treat with medicated food. After that he was far. Before pic

I'd just try putting a clip in the tank and leave a strip of algae on it. Pet-smart carries them as we'll as most lfs.

Attachments

• image-3340496254.jpg
    image-3340496254.jpg
    108 KB · Views: 118
Mine eats mysis shrimp, pellets and algae. Agree that he looks a bit thin. Try to bulk him up over the next fe weeks.

Yeah, not to upset you, but he is definitely dangerously thin! They are herbivores, an need more than one or two meals. Look up their main diet, and apply it. I believe and agree, that he is going to the surface for food! Btw, future reference: almost any herbivore will eat meats, but its not good for them. I have this problem with my Scopas Tang. He is an aggressive eater and will attack any food I put in their.

Nori. Ok thanks. Will that help put some weight on. I feel terrible that he is so thin. My lfs told me he would eat mysis so I feed him that with my other fish. I'm gonna get nori. Thanks. Keep u all posted

Once again, try to avoid the shrimp. He is a herbivore. Get some herbivore food. And yes, he will start packing on pounds. Don't feel bad. Just keep in mind, not discrediting your LFS, but LFS are not always right. That is why you should research from major saltwater sites.

I feed my fox shrimp. Mysis, brine, nls pellets, but the main staple to his diet is nori. They are not herbivores, they are omnivores.

Cool I just bought him nori and bought a clip to put inside the tank for it. I'll keep u all posted thanks for all ur help.

MB

Lfs are full of all kinds of advice and everyone has there own opinion however we the people on a large group of active fish hobbyist on the net have IMO better and more experienced advice and we aren't out to make a buck but help other fish lovers

Back
Top Bottom