Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 06-29-2014, 02:45 AM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
freaked out by my male clownfish

so I got home from my job at 1:30.. am..(-_-) and I felt horrible that I couldn't be home to feed my clownfish again for "dinner" so as I reached for the pellets I noticed my male clownfish swimming face down and he was COMPLETELY pale.. the light came on for the tank and I immediately thought I should plan his lil funeral..

but slowly his color came back and after a while I fed them just to see if they were okay.. but they both refused to eat... I think maybe I passed their meal time. I'm not crazy worried but is he going to be okay!
I thought maybe the salinity was too high..? but I had added some water when I walked into the room bc I realized some water has evaporated.. so I can't know what it was at before.

has this happened to anyone else before...?
Click image for larger version

Name:	ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1404024272.753123.jpg
Views:	152
Size:	195.0 KB
ID:	241690

he's completely back to normal now. Smalls isn't dead.

dreamelissa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 03:39 AM   #2
Aquarium Advice Addict
Fish do sleep they change colour at night my damsel goes a pale blue and my chromis get weird colours to its perfectly normal as for not eatinf they could be still adjusting to the sudden light

Sent from my GT-I9305T using Aquarium Advice mobile app

Darylb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2014, 04:11 AM   #3
Aquarium Advice Addict
I agree it was pale because the lights were off. My clowns get pale at night with no lights then color back up a few minutes after the lights come on. I have a blue damsel that turns black at lights off. I wouldnt worry about it unless he doesnt eat.

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Cichlid-dude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2014, 07:16 AM   #4
Aquarium Advice Addict
I wouldn't wake them up next time to eat - they will be fine (how often do you feed anyway?) once the lights are off just leave them be til morning. I have a puffer fish that turns all white and sleeps floating upright in the corner, freaked me out the first time I noticed it!

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice
Bectan01 is offline   Reply With Quote

clown, clownfish, fish, male

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com