Fresh market mixtures

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Balonie

Aquarium Advice Newbie
I am curious as to what some of you mix for a fresh market food. I blend and then strain off the water and freeze my food. A mix of shrimp, scallop, clam, nori, dried krill and vitamins has worked for me, but I am always looking for new ideas. I freeze the food in as tubular a shape as possible and then sliver and shred it frozen before thawing out for feeding. I also feed just a bit five or six times a day with at least two days off. I have a limited population of fish and three crabs who seem to take care of the leftovers. Unlike some instructions to turn off the filters during feeding, I keep them up and going and have pretty heavy agitation that helps keep the food in the water and off the bottom for a longer period of time and there is a lot of food chasing and exercise. My only problem is between the lighting and warmth and feeding the water is rich in nutrients and I have a heavy algae problem, but the live rock keeps the nitrates down so the only issue is unsightliness.:???: I used to practice what Frank at the Fish Store in Seattle refers to as Beneficial neglect. ie. lots of rock, weekly feedings and low light. :rolleyes: BADDDDD GIRL. But I traveled a lot and it made more sense than having someone feed the tank while I was gone and kill the fish no matter how detailed my instructions. Oh well, what the dickens. :p Balonie

I know alot of folk that add garlic juice or some other type of garlic supplement. When you say vitamins what are you talking about?

Back
Top Bottom