Fresh Start Brand new jbj 45

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Lucky for me I get yearly water reports from my water company with a break down of everything in the water and the ppm.

I used excess RO water and the water that had to come out of the tank to balance out the rocks being added in to wash it and it seemed to work well so no tap water needed

Wasn't expecting to rocks to be so large I was hoping to have more small rocks to build something cool looking but I guess I could always take them out and try to crack them in half just afraid I might screw them up it was 4 rocks 40 lb two gigantic ones one medium and one small

Just try hitting the one to see how it goes. I'd suggest a hammer and chisel rather than just hitting it with a hammer, which is more likely to just smash the entire rock.

I would like to buy the same tank. Hope it will work nice.

Tank after 5-6 months with RO water I will never do a saltwater tank again without RO water it's made a huge difference I get a very small amount Brown algae on the glass after about 2 or 3 weeks but no nasty algae breakouts on the rocks or sand like I had previously without RO water... also Picasso Trigger has been very good with other fish it has not been picking on the clownfish or the two damsels20181215_015805.jpgSmartSelect_20181215-015539_Gallery.jpeg

I had to put my black and white Damsel in a separation tank his $5 jerk was beating up my $80 yellow tang which is like four times the size and it's supposedly semi-aggressive I'm planning on bringing him to the store after Christmas and giving him for free back also rearrange the rocks and added a couple of coralline algae pieces with supplements by the way the damsel slipped out of the containment tank and ended up in the back by the filter so I'm going to have to take the whole tank apart to get his jerk out20181225_023318.jpg20181225_023417.jpgSmartSelect_20181225-023055_Gallery.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I would think it would be alright as long as you added dechlorinator to your tank water after you put it in. I generally scrub my decor down with tap water then rinse it with bottled water, add it to the tank then add dechlorinator which is probably overkill. If you got access to RO I'd just use that.

How did you get that 45g with two pumps?? I started looking into these tanks and the only ones with two pumps are the 100g to 180g tanks? I also cannot find one with glass...only acrylic.
It came with two small 260 gallon per hour pumps it was all wrapped up in the packaging new so that's the way it came it was never used

The tanks in 45 and 65 gallon and I think like 30 gallon but the 45 and 65 both come with two pumps the 65 comes with larger pumps but there is two in both of them

It actually works great I've had a hundred 50 gallon tank with a huge pumps and huge sump the water is just as clear in this tank with it system that comes with it

Well if you're interested I'm thinking about selling this one to get the 65-gallon version let me know if you're interested it's a $360 plus 100$ Shipping for the tank so I figure 300 is fair considering its almost new

Back
Top Bottom