Frogfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

AwfulArabella

Aquarium Advice Activist
Recently acquired the cutest baby frog fish and can't find much about them I no all the important stuff like feeding habits and how they like there tank set up can anyone offer additional information? Is there any treats I can give him?

Attachments

• image-357335581.jpg
    image-357335581.jpg
    142.2 KB · Views: 132
  • image-3000051043.jpg
    image-3000051043.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 146
  • image-2921561438.jpg
    image-2921561438.jpg
    111.9 KB · Views: 141
You'll need to feed him live feeder shrimp or fish to begin with. Most won't take to frozen at first and sometimes never. The ones that do make the switch have been known to refuse frozen after awhile for no apparent reason too but great find though

He eats both I buy him dwarf shrimp and the little Amphipods but can I give him any veg or anything ? Thanks sssea they had a lovely black one with white blotches and his fins looked like he had painted toe nails there so beautiful I plan on having a few in the tank together with loads of coral and live rock my little guy loves pretending he's a rock haha

They are strictly ambush predators thus the lure he sports on his head so meaty foods is all he needs

Okay cool thank you :) do you no anything about telling if it's a girl or a boy?

That I don't have a clue. To be honest I doubt you could without "probing" it in some way or witnessing him/her in the act ;)

Haha maybe when I get more ill find out this should be interesting thanks so much for the help

Back
Top Bottom