Frogfish in fish only?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I dont personally but I bet some people here do so hopefully they will chime in. I think a frog would be fine in a FO, are you talking about FOWLR or FO? I think they should be fine in both. Good luck.

FOWLR is ideal since live rock is a huge benefit to any SW setup.

Frogfish can only go in a non-reef since they will eat shrimp and small fish. Competition with other fish may be an issue, making them best in a species tank.

Fowlr haha, im new at this, i have around 120 lbs of Fiji and 55lbs of Tonga and Misc Rock. thanks for the advice, i will be researching this fish further and will leave updates when i decide.

You can have it in a reef setup because they won't damage coral, but anything that is around it's size will get eaten. They also need rocks because that's how they camouflage.

They are coral safe, but I wouldn't call them reef-safe (just like morays, lionfish, groupers, etc.). They may not eat the corals, but they will eat all the other important organisms needed for a well balanced reef ecosystem.

Back
Top Bottom