FTMMWS's 280 build ...

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
FTMMWS said:
Naso is in and all went well with the intro..The purple tang did give a little attitude and backed him into a corner at first ,but now they are buds...
I'll get a pic or 2 and a vid later..
We were on a nice vacation and i'm trying to get back into normal life mode again :lol:

Any problems with eating? Mine took a little over a week to start eating but now he is one of the bet fish in the tank.

Great tank and build! Awesome selection of fish as well! Subscribed.

Thanks jmk,,
just looked in on the tank and noticed the naso is missing a pec fin..Someone nipped him pretty good :blink:
My guess is one of the triggers..I did notice last night he was trying to get in their caves ..
I know slightly damaged fins grow back ,but this is a nub,,not sire if it will...See if i can get a pic up later

FTMMWS said:
Thanks jmk,,
just looked in on the tank and noticed the naso is missing a pec fin..Someone nipped him pretty good :blink:
My guess is one of the triggers..I did notice last night he was trying to get in their caves ..
I know slightly damaged fins grow back ,but this is a nub,,not sire if it will...See if i can get a pic up later

What triggers do you have?

i have a blue throat and a sargassum ,,my guess is the sargassum...He was the last one in before the naso and i don't think he wanted a roommate ..

That's not good. Now you got me nervous about adding my pink tail when it's time. Hope he grows his fin back

FTMMWS said:
i have a blue throat and a sargassum ,,my guess is the sargassum...He was the last one in before the naso and i don't think he wanted a roommate ..

Oh that stinks. The Naso has a scalpel on its tail so soon no fish will pick on him. I've had super aggressive triggers before and they never touched any clown or tang I've owned. If anything I think the purple tang would attack the Naso. Is that a possibility?

It could be they are just establishing their pecking order... I know that all tangs in general will go after other tangs but it's a tank to tank basis. At this point it could have been any of his tank mates. Hope he comes out all right

Hondatek said:
That's not good. Now you got me nervous about adding my pink tail when it's time. Hope he grows his fin back

I have a Naso with a Pinktail. They totally ignore each other.

SeanMonster said:
I have a Naso with a Pinktail. They totally ignore each other.

I don't have a naso but my emperor angel and zebra lion are half the triggers size. I always hear they are peaceful so i don't think I should be too worried about it.

Hondatek said:
I don't have a naso but my emperor angel and zebra lion are half the triggers size. I always hear they are peaceful so i don't think I should be too worried about it.

Had an Emperor and a Lionfish at one point too. Of the three fish, the Angel ended up being the biggest jerk. :)

SeanMonster said:
Had an Emperor and a Lionfish at one point too. Of the three fish, the Angel ended up being the biggest jerk. :)

Lol ok my emp just follows my puff around . Thanks for the reassurance tho. And sorry ft i will stop jacking your thread now lol.

No worries guys,,i don't mind ...
Still not sure who did it ,,there is no signs of aggression during the day..I think he tried getting into the triggers cave and got chewed on ..

Oh BTW,,I'll have a little surprise for ya tomorrow:brows:

FTMMWS said:
No worries guys,,i don't mind ...
Still not sure who did it ,,there is no signs of aggression during the day..I think he tried getting into the triggers cave and got chewed on ..

Oh BTW,,I'll have a little surprise for ya tomorrow:brows:

FTM, have you thought about a nanny cam?:)

Back
Top Bottom