Fu man chu dwarf lionfish

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

fishyshrooms

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Hey guys I have a 6 month old 38 gallon saltwater tank with a couple corals ( zoanthids, xenia, mushrooms, star polyps) and I got the suggestion from a friend to get a lionfish so i did my reasearch and it looks like the fu man chu lionfish would be the best fit because it only gets 5 inches long full grown and ik i have a small tank. What are your thoughts on the type of fish and does anyone have tips or suggestions on how to keep it healty?? Thanks guys

Sent from my iPhone using Aquarium Advice

I also have 2 snowflake clowns about 2 inches each and one bar goby long and skinny.

A fu Manchu lion can be housed in any 30 gallon tank or larger, so the tank you have would be a nice fit for one...
Would this be a good fit for your aquarium though? No. Lionfish eat fish and can eat a fish as large as it is. Your current inhabitants will be an expensive lunch.
Lionfish also like to hide at times and need lots of rockwork to be able to hide in, which there doesn't appear to be the case in your tank if it is currently set up as your avatar.

What are you looking for in terms of a new inhabitant of your tank? We can do our best to help you out to find a better fit with what you are working with.

A lfs near me got a full grown fu man chu an while 6" it is still quite a large fish. Bigger than dwarf lions. I'd want a 55 for one. Oh and your clowns and goby would make a nice meal :(
Fu man chia tend to be very finicky too only eating live shrimp.

I am looking for sometning exotic and unusual to put in my tank that i could watch forever. Any thought?

ImageUploadedByAquarium Advice1417806328.214156.jpg

I have a fu manchu. It's great. I could watch it for hours. The problem I have is finding other occupants for the tank. I've a 40gallon tank and a lot of the bigger fish ideally need a bigger tank.

Back
Top Bottom