Fumanchu!

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

jamesH

Aquarium Advice Activist
The best looking Fumanchu I've seen yet I've found normally there duller colours let me no what you think!

Attachments

• image-113875166.jpg
    image-113875166.jpg
    60.9 KB · Views: 228
  • image-4002236222.jpg
    image-4002236222.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 220
  • image-3867068121.jpg
    image-3867068121.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 245
Beautiful fish. What kind of lighting do you have. That helps with the colors as well.

Also, what is that spotted thing in the background of the third pic? Reminds me of a Clown Trigger or something.

Yea those are such beautiful lion fish.... is it on prepared foods?

I'm using 2x blue n 2x marine White 15w t5 lights. Yea that's my clown trigger in the back ground. It took me a little while to get him on prepared food but finally got there with a silverside that I threaded Cotton thru so I could wiggle it around. Now he takes brine shrimp, prawn or krill.

Honestly...I just saw one at a Petco by my house :) very cool pics!!

They arnt rare as much as they are hard to care for since they are almost as hard has mandirins to get on prepared foods.. im glad this guy did... they actually stock their prey .. ( hence why they are hard to get on prepared food) but when they do they actually shake thier tails and seem to vibrate their bodys shortly before sucking in their prey.

The actual fish isn't that rare just a type of dwarf lion fish. It's just all the ones I have seen before have never been as brightly coloured. They are hard to get feeding which is made twice as hard by my clown trigger who eats everything as soon as it hits the water!!! But once there feeding and happy it all becomes worth it!

Back
Top Bottom