Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com
Old 04-25-2012, 04:53 PM   #1
Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Fuzzy drawf lion campatabity

So my 55 gallon just came to life a couple weeks ago after being cycled for 2 months. The only resident is currently a fuzzy dwarf lion fish he's about 4 inches in length and of course my clean up crew. My main questions would be: I want to transfer my engineer goby who is around 8 inches in length to this tank when it's time, would he be safe? I know the rule goes if he's too big for the lions mouth he should be fine, but he's fairly thin in relevance to his length. He was the first addition to my 29 gal and I don't want to see all my work end up in my lions belly! I also have a dragon goby who I believe is fully grown or at least very close to it (the better side of 5-6 inches) he is a bit wider than my engineer however I've read that the FDL is more of a bottom swimmer which is where my concern comes in. I'm going to make my best effort at placing my rocks where only the gobies have easy acces but I'm sure he'll find his way in there and i definitely don't want to lose either one of them. I think that because the engineer will grow to be around a foot in length at least he should not only be safe but he will also outgrow the 29 he is currently in. I know I began to ramble there so if I lost you my questions are will my engineer and dragon goby be compatible with my fuzzy drawf lionfish?

Adrenalize is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-25-2012, 10:09 PM   #2
AA Team Emeritus
If the animals head can fit or almost fit in the lionfish mouth, then don't be surprised if it becomes a meal; No promises.
Innovator is offline   Reply With Quote

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com