Fuzzy drawf lion campatabity

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Adrenalize

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
So my 55 gallon just came to life a couple weeks ago after being cycled for 2 months. The only resident is currently a fuzzy dwarf lion fish he's about 4 inches in length and of course my clean up crew. My main questions would be: I want to transfer my engineer goby who is around 8 inches in length to this tank when it's time, would he be safe? I know the rule goes if he's too big for the lions mouth he should be fine, but he's fairly thin in relevance to his length. He was the first addition to my 29 gal and I don't want to see all my work end up in my lions belly! I also have a dragon goby who I believe is fully grown or at least very close to it (the better side of 5-6 inches) he is a bit wider than my engineer however I've read that the FDL is more of a bottom swimmer which is where my concern comes in. I'm going to make my best effort at placing my rocks where only the gobies have easy acces but I'm sure he'll find his way in there and i definitely don't want to lose either one of them. I think that because the engineer will grow to be around a foot in length at least he should not only be safe but he will also outgrow the 29 he is currently in. I know I began to ramble there so if I lost you my questions are will my engineer and dragon goby be compatible with my fuzzy drawf lionfish?

If the animals head can fit or almost fit in the lionfish mouth, then don't be surprised if it becomes a meal; No promises.

Back
Top Bottom