Fuzzy Dwarf Lion compatability ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Oafboy182

Aquarium Advice Regular
I have a 29gal FOWLR tank, with 1 Maroon clown and 1 orange spot gobie. Is it possible to put a Fuzzy Dwarf Lion in with them? I saw a couple at the LFS and they are so cool. Been wanting one for a long time just wasn't sure about it. Thanks for any advice.

Justin

That was the first thing I checked. It says no with clowns but most clowns are peaceful, not semi-aggressive like maroons, so I wanted to find out if anyone had real life experience with these fish.

Oafboy182 said:
That was the first thing I checked. It says no with clowns but most clowns are peaceful, not semi-aggressive like maroons, so I wanted to find out if anyone had real life experience with these fish.

It says no clowns because the lion fish will eat the clowns. The compatability chart is protecting the clowns.

IMO A Fuzzy Dwarf Lion shouldn't be put in anything smaller than a 40+ gal tank anyways unless you have very powerful filtration (high quality skimmer) and are dedicated to 15+% pwc weekly.

Most sites state a 30 gal minimum but Lions are messy eaters and need the extra gal to avoid contaminating the water too quickly.

As others have already mentioned this fish can easily consume fish near it's own size so anything smaller than 4" would be fair game eventually.

Back
Top Bottom