Fuzzy dwarf lion fish diet

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

lovefishys

Aquarium Advice Activist
We are having a very difficult time getting Alice (FDLF) over to prepared foods. (you might have read on other posts) Right now all she will eat is live ghost shrimp (soaked in garlic) we have tried: Dead ghost shrimp, rods food, mysis, freeze dried jumbo krill, fresh cocktail shrimp and thawed silversides. I know the rods and mysis they don't eat but we were desperate and tried anyways. We tried cutting the silversides head off and just giving her that. We aren't sure what else to try. I have done lots of reading but it doesn't work. Ghost shrimp are getting expensive and they are becoming harder to find around here. Any ideas would be greatly appreciated! Thank you!!

Usually we feed every 3 days. Sometimes 2 if we see her tummy is sunken in. We just tried going 6 days without a feeding then giving her prepared food and she refused it.

Liveaquaria says

"When first introduced into the aquarium, live saltwater feeder shrimp should be used to entice this fish to eat. The Dwarf Lionfish diet consists of meaty foods such as live shrimp (including ornamental shrimp), live fish, and sometimes, crustacean flesh. "

THe little guy can probably go a fair bit longer than 6 days without a feeding, especially if he has been getting live shrimp regularly. Try stretching it out bit by bit. Eventually hunger will lead to desperation!

Thank you! How long should I wait? I would hate it if we wait to long and she dies.

Back
Top Bottom