fuzzy dwarf lion(help please)

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

dwint

Aquarium Advice Freak
i bought one last wednesday and i cant get him to eat.the store sold me some guppies and that didnt work.i have a dart fish in there he has no interest in eating it.i went back to the store and asked if they had ghost shrimp or something alive,no.he sold me some silver fish (frozen)and said to get a stick and put it through the mouth and keep trying till he goes after it.he has no interest in this method at all either.i am really tired of these people cause there isnt a store around for probably 50 miles.any suggestions on how this fish might eat

i looked all over and nobody sells ghost shrimp this time of year

Try a silver side (frozen at most LFS's) using a pair of long tweezers. Just try to make it move like it's alive. Don't just give it to your Lion Fish but make him work for it. In the wild he may only eat once in many attempts.

i bought them yesterday.i put it through a long stick and wiggled it but no luck so far.he moves away from it.im afraid to stress him out

im worried he will starve.i had him since wednesday

Be patient. Lion's don't eat like regular fish. Don't feed him for a couple of days, it'll come around.

well no luck with my lion fish.i read they eat alot.whats the problem with mine?is it going to starve it self to death?i really like the fish hobbie but if fish are going to die and be a waste of money i will have to quit.i cant find ghost shrimp online cause of the time of year.

dwint said:
well no luck with my lion fish.i read they eat alot.whats the problem with mine?is it going to starve it self to death?i really like the fish hobbie but if fish are going to die and be a waste of money i will have to quit.i cant find ghost shrimp online cause of the time of year.

Mine didn't eat for a month. It'll happen. When it gets hungry enough, it'll eat. What are its other tank mates?

one dart fish i hope he gets
i didnt no they can live that long without food.i only plan on another dwarf lion and a foxface and yellow scorpion fish.four fish i a 75 gallon should be good or can i put in 5or 6?

dwint said:
i didnt no they can live that long without food.i only plan on another dwarf lion and a foxface and yellow scorpion fish.four fish i a 75 gallon should be good or can i put in 5or 6?

Go with 4 for now. I had 6 in my 90 and it started to get tight.

Why haven't you tried damsels or chromis yet?
Their dumb,they'll swim right up to him..

I understand that ,but damsels and chromis are so active and swim around a lot,so it may spike the lions interest more...Just trying to help..

i see what your talking about.never heard of a chromis.i'll look into it .thanks

Back
Top Bottom