Go Back   Aquarium Advice - Aquarium Forum Community > Saltwater and Reef > Saltwater Fish Only & FOWLR
Click Here to Login

Join Aquarium Advice Today
Closed Thread

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com

Old 09-11-2012, 12:32 AM   #41
Aquarium Advice Freak

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fish madness
I live in ca and when they get that big then I would re home. I just like the experience and saying yeah I ha that an this is my opinion. Lol. So prob doin a 250 like mr d and myself were talking about.
Comments like this destroy so many species. Why get a fish that you'll later rehome? For the "experience" or the "yeah I had that"? That's ridiculous. Let alone going against the laws of owning one and better more, the state fish that's protected by oh duh California. Ignorance is bliss. All you'll end up doing is killing the fish or re-homing it later to someone else that would be going against the laws of fish keeping.

Old 09-11-2012, 12:44 AM   #42
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Heres a picture of the fish in question. Went diving with hundreds sunday...some were 2 foot long and crazy active. Thick too.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	image-4137116134.jpg
Views:	60
Size:	110.7 KB
ID:	117961  

Old 09-11-2012, 01:11 AM   #43
Aquarium Advice FINatic

So if he didn't live in California everyone would be fine b/c we all freak out about tangs and LA ratings for them y is this fish so different.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:13 AM   #44
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. D
So if he didn't live in California everyone would be fine b/c we all freak out about tangs and LA ratings for them y is this fish so different.
http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/p...21&pcatid=1421
Old 09-11-2012, 01:14 AM   #45
Aquarium Advice Addict

POTM Champion

Quote:
There are some fish that people shouldnt even consider imo...and the CA state fish is definitly one of them
Old 09-11-2012, 01:30 AM   #46
Aquarium Advice Addict

Like someone else on this thread said, you wouldnt put a bald eagle in a cage in your living room. This is the same thing here. There are thousands of amazing aquarium fish, so why do you NEED this one?? They should stay in the ocean.
Old 09-11-2012, 01:44 AM   #47
Aquarium Advice FINatic

Personally I wouldn't want one, very mean and herd they attack divers so that's a mean fish. My point is if he does it legit why not. And a bald eagle as a comparison makes no sense.

The Hawaiian state fish is commonly kept for one and as are unicorn tangs and look-downs
Old 09-11-2012, 01:49 AM   #48
Aquarium Advice Addict

Quote:
Personally I wouldn't want one, very mean and herd they attack divers so that's a mean fish. My point is if he does it legit why not. And a bald eagle as a comparison makes no sense.

The Hawaiian state fish is commonly kept for one and as are unicorn tangs and look-downs
It actually makes complete sence, maybe you just dont understand the subject here. I have never been attacked by a girabaldi while diving, they are very peaceful in the sea, but probably not in the aquarium****
Old 09-11-2012, 10:26 AM   #49
Aquarium Advice Addict

Tank of the Month Award

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nu-Nu the eel

It actually makes complete sence, maybe you just dont understand the subject here. I have never been attacked by a girabaldi while diving, they are very peaceful in the sea, but probably not in the ocean.
The bottom line here as I see it is that the thread poster basically doesn't 't care that it's totally illegal in California ,defies ethics, doesn't care about anyone's opinion who have actual knowledge of this species ,apparently has other animals he doesn't want to discuss ( although he brought it up in the first place )... So why waste your time arguing with this whole thread? ,...I think it's time a " mod" closes the thread so everyone can discuss a new topic with someone who wants to listen and learn.
Old 09-11-2012, 10:44 AM   #50
Aquarium Advice FINatic

That is a good point dary. Makes me wonder what he does have, but I see your point.

Please support our sponsors and let them know you heard about them on AquariumAdvice.com