Garibaldi

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Fish madness said:
I live in ca and when they get that big then I would re home. I just like the experience and saying yeah I ha that an this is my opinion. Lol. So prob doin a 250 like mr d and myself were talking about.

Comments like this destroy so many species. Why get a fish that you'll later rehome? For the "experience" or the "yeah I had that"? That's ridiculous. Let alone going against the laws of owning one and better more, the state fish that's protected by oh duh California. Ignorance is bliss. All you'll end up doing is killing the fish or re-homing it later to someone else that would be going against the laws of fish keeping.

Heres a picture of the fish in question. Went diving with hundreds sunday...some were 2 foot long and crazy active. Thick too.

Attachments

• image-4137116134.jpg
    image-4137116134.jpg
    110.7 KB · Views: 138
So if he didn't live in California everyone would be fine b/c we all freak out about tangs and LA ratings for them y is this fish so different.

Mr. D said:
So if he didn't live in California everyone would be fine b/c we all freak out about tangs and LA ratings for them y is this fish so different.

There are some fish that people shouldnt even consider imo...and the CA state fish is definitly one of them

Like someone else on this thread said, you wouldnt put a bald eagle in a cage in your living room. This is the same thing here. There are thousands of amazing aquarium fish, so why do you NEED this one?? They should stay in the ocean.

Personally I wouldn't want one, very mean and herd they attack divers so that's a mean fish. My point is if he does it legit why not. And a bald eagle as a comparison makes no sense.

The Hawaiian state fish is commonly kept for one and as are unicorn tangs and look-downs

Mr. D said:
Personally I wouldn't want one, very mean and herd they attack divers so that's a mean fish. My point is if he does it legit why not. And a bald eagle as a comparison makes no sense.

The Hawaiian state fish is commonly kept for one and as are unicorn tangs and look-downs

It actually makes complete sence, maybe you just dont understand the subject here. I have never been attacked by a girabaldi while diving, they are very peaceful in the sea, but probably not in the aquarium****

Nu-Nu the eel said:
It actually makes complete sence, maybe you just dont understand the subject here. I have never been attacked by a girabaldi while diving, they are very peaceful in the sea, but probably not in the ocean.

The bottom line here as I see it is that the thread poster basically doesn't 't care that it's totally illegal in California ,defies ethics, doesn't care about anyone's opinion who have actual knowledge of this species ,apparently has other animals he doesn't want to discuss ( although he brought it up in the first place )... So why waste your time arguing with this whole thread? ,...I think it's time a " mod" closes the thread so everyone can discuss a new topic with someone who wants to listen and learn.

Last edited by a moderator:
That is a good point dary. Makes me wonder what he does have, but I see your point.

It's just like ca to restrict people from having what they want. Doesn't really matter to me if u have to have a permit lol what they don't know won't hurt them lmao. Already got pets I'm not supposed to have but hey I live the strange and weird creatures.

This thread in general, as well as the attitude quoted above is a direct violation of A.A.'s user agreement. Specifically . . .

Ethical Fishkeeping:
The owners of Aquarium Advice adhere to basic standards of ethical fishkeeping. We believe that freshwater and saltwater aquarists are directly responsible for the health and well being of any aquatic animals in their care, be they fish or invertebrate. These responsibilities include providing a healthy aquatic environment, humane treatment, humane euthanasia (when required), as well as obtaining and disposing of aquatic animals in such a way that does not damage sensitive local ecosystems. Posts advocating the illegal collection of fish or invertebrates, inhumane treatment, flushing live animals down the toilet, or releasing them into the wild will be removed.

The thread is closed and no further discussion of this topic will be permitted.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom