General levels and RO/DI ?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

formanbob

Aquarium Advice Activist
So I got my RO/DI unit and it is working grate but is brings up more questions,,,

I have a 90g FW NO cillids/planted, and a 30g SW FOWLR and small reef.

I have been told that I need to add stuff to my water now.

In a two part answer one for the fresh one for the SW what about the following questions.

What do I need to add that the RO/DI is removing, what should I be adding anyway. Should I get a master test kit, what other test do I need to get, what should my levels be at. Such as ( temp, salinity, ph, calcium, etc)

Thanks

For saltwater you need to add nothing. If you want to mix the RO water with Kalk as a calcium supplment when you do your top offs thats fine. The only thing you need to add is salt mix and thats only when your adding water after a water change. For the FW tanks you might need to add something to boost the PH since RO water will have a nutural PH.

mostly things that contribute to water hardness - calcium carbonate, magnesium...stuff you'd find in any commercial RO buffer product.

Hey formanbob...try our spell checker...it's free!

Sorry, hadn't made a spelling comment in a while, don't want people to think I don't watch.

Back
Top Bottom