Getting pissed off- angelfish on hunger strike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
Have you read that in more than one place?? Ive never come across an article explaining they die randomly but i have lost 2 flames that way
Yeah on a couple forums I saw people saying they think they're not as hardy as others. One guy said coral beauties are easier to keep than flames. And I've seen at least a couple threads online about people who've lost flames randomly. Try googling "flame angel died randomly" and maybe you'll find them

Yours could have been caught with cyanide. I bought a bicolor from a big box store and it died randomly too, so I figured it was caught with cyanide. It's a shame :(

I also had a flame that died on me randomly after 3 months...

I had ask my LFS to special order that one for me. Owner was very reluctant saying that he had very bad Flames experiences with a high death toll and stopped stocking them. He was right

This always seemed weird to me as a lot of info out there recommend the Flame as a beginner fish

I now have a keyhole angel I recently got and it seems in top health eating everything I throw at it.

Sorry for your angel troubles

I also had a flame that died on me randomly after 3 months... I had ask my LFS to special order that one for me. Owner was very reluctant saying that he had very bad Flames experiences with a high death toll and stopped stocking them. He was right This always seemed weird to me as a lot of info out there recommend the Flame as a beginner fish I now have a keyhole angel I recently got and it seems in top health eating everything I throw at it. Sorry for your angel troubles

Interesting!! Can you post a pic of your keyhole? I've always kinda liked them

Here you go.

Attachments

• image-280599716.jpg
    image-280599716.jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 95
It's not the most spectacular fish at first sight, but it grows in you as it is a very active and curious fish

Have you guys heard of the venustus angel? That thing is freaking gorgeous, but very difficult to keep :( too bad.

image-3183976723.jpg

And my flame still won't eat, I'm just waiting for her to die at this point.

Does anyone know of any other cool dwarf angel species that aren't as common?

Multi- color Dwarfs aren't that common. I currently have a Singapore Angel and while they are technically not dwarfs, they don't get too big...just need a little more space due to swimming habits.

Multi- color Dwarfs aren't that common. I currently have a Singapore Angel and while they are technically not dwarfs, they don't get too big...just need a little more space due to swimming habits.

Are they hard to get to eat? I love them, but I wanted to stay away from them because of how picky they are

My Singapore came with the 240g I'm setting up. It is in a 45g for now and eats just about everything...loves the shrimp or silversides that I put in for the Volitan Lionfish, Formula 2 pellets, Spectrum pellets...just about anything I put in there. I've heard that they are tough, but the prior owner said it ate fine from the LFS. Its kinda cool because its a great fish, but one I probably would have never chosen.

my angel

I have a koran angel and always have luck with pellet food. Seems that she likes food that sinks to the bottom.

Not to steal your thread, but anybody know a go to food to get blue face angels to eat?

http://saltaquarium.about.com/cs/angelfishcare/p/angelfam_dfp.htm

Angels are natural rock grazers. they need an established tank to feel comfortable enough to feed. They will also stop eating if there is too much aggression in the tank. They eat nori, many different proteins like mysis but their main diet is algae. If you have a rock with some green algae on it, it might start nibbling at that. Try a tiny piece of fresh clam, if that doesn't work, then the environment just isn't right yet for an angelfish. Hope he starts eating.

Remember when I said I was treating for gill flukes? Well, I think they're back. I saw my butterfly twitch. Prazi obviously is not working on these stupid things. are there any other options? could I move them to a qt tank, then leave the main tank fishless? If so, for how long? I hear the life cycle of flukes is like 1-2 weeks. and the eggs hatch in 2-4 days

I don't think it's why the angel won't eat, she never shows any symptoms.

Remember when I said I was treating for gill flukes? Well, I think they're back. I saw my butterfly twitch. Prazi obviously is not working on these stupid things. are there any other options? could I move them to a qt tank, then leave the main tank fishless? If so, for how long? I hear the life cycle of flukes is like 1-2 weeks. and the eggs hatch in 2-4 days

I don't think it's why the angel won't eat, she never shows any symptoms.

It takes very little irritation to get angels to stop eating.

Back
Top Bottom