Getting pissed off- angelfish on hunger strike

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.
I noticed today shes picking at the glass and rocks! Thats a good sign. Any ideas how I could get some controlled algae growth? Or is it not really possible

If she's browsing, that's a really good sign. Now to find out what she will eat. Try some fresh clam soaked in garlic. I've never seen a angelfish that didn't like that. :) try a tiny piece first.

SHE ATE!! After one month, finally. She only took one piece of mysis though, but it's a start.

I used fresh garlic this time, mashed it up with some tank water, then added a little Kent Zoe and soaked the food in the juice. She still looks intimidated by the big sized shrimp, but she are a piece, and kept it down :) tomorrow I'll try the same except with the crap Hikiri small shrimp, they're more her size I guess.

SHE ATE!! After one month, finally. She only took one piece of mysis though, but it's a start. I used fresh garlic this time, mashed it up with some tank water, then added a little Kent Zoe and soaked the food in the juice. She still looks intimidated by the big sized shrimp, but she are a piece, and kept it down :) tomorrow I'll try the same except with the crap Hikiri small shrimp, they're more her size I guess.

That's really good.

Do you think if she gets the majority of her food from algae around the tank, her hlle will get better? the only real way I can heal her up is if she eats a lot of prepared food, but I just don't see it happening.

you said the shrimp was to big have you thought about dicing it up in to bite size pieces
easier to mix with the fresh diced garlic also
glad to here you got him eating again

you said the shrimp was to big have you thought about dicing it up in to bite size pieces easier to mix with the fresh diced garlic also glad to here you got him eating again

Usually I rip them in Half, but she always loved the big shrimp before. I don't know what happened, now the little legs and eyes scare it lol.

Do you think adding selcon directly to the water will help HLLE? I know it's best to soak in food, but if she doesn't take much of prepared foods, I figure adding selcon to the water might help

Edit- never mind, I should've googled before I posted lol. Doesn't seem like a good idea

Update! This week she's beginning to pick at the food again, she spits a lot out, but at least she's actually taking interest in it! I'm moving all of the fish to quarantine anyway to kill the flukes on the main tank that refuse to die. I bet I can really fatten her up while she's on qt :)

well, she's eating pretty normally now! After a month and a half, I wonder what her deal was.

Thanks guys.

My Lion did that for a while. Ate fine, stopped for about 9 days and showed zero sign of interest in food and then suddenly decided it would eat again. Been doing fine ever since.

Back
Top Bottom