glass cleaner

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

mellowyellow

Aquarium Advice Freak
:p I've just discovered a great cleaning aid. You'all may already know about it, but I've had difficulty cleaning the outside of my saltwater tank.

Invisible glass wipes are great. You're not supposed to need to wipe it off, but I did. I used the wipes a couple of times then dried the glass with a soft cloth. The glass shines with no streaks. Yeah.

I use windex on the outside glass. I just dont spray it in the same room. I spray it on a paper towel in the next room and then wipe the outside of the tank.

I use windex on the outside glass. I just dont spray it in the same room. I spray it on a paper towel in the next room and then wipe the outside of the tank.

Good to know, Ive been trying to find something better to use than vinegar and water, I was afriad to use windex, but that, of course makes sense :)

I use "nature's source" by windex...contains no ammonia or any ingredients that would harm your tank.(Wal-Mart) I know I know but what can I say...hahaha lol

Yes, you clean the outside, but if the product has ammonia, the ammonia will evaporate and be taken in by your water and that will kill your fish. That is the reason for using a "non-ammonia" glass cleaner.

Back
Top Bottom