Glass cleaning

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

JumperAlex

Aquarium Advice Freak
I'm curious what everyone's glass cleaning schedule and methods are. So far I am cleaning the front and two sides of my tank daily or bi-daily with a magnet cleaner. Between Not being able to fit and live rock I am not cleaning the back of my tank. I would love to hear what you do and any tips you might have for me, thanks.

I usually run my magnetic cleaner around the front & sides every day or two, and if the outside gets a smudge or salt drip, I use RODI water on a paper towel...... no cleaners/chemicals near my tank.

Want a tip, never let kids play with your mag float, no matter how cool they think it is. Lol

Especially with a piece of sand stuck in it?

Want a tip, never let kids play with your mag float, no matter how cool they think it is. Lol

Especially with a piece of sand stuck in itdde1e

+1,000.000,000 on this!! So true!! I had to buy my son his own and he just uses the outside part.

I use a mag cleaner for the inside and I purchased a window squeegee from the dollar store (it has a sponge on one side and a squeegee on the other) and I just get the sponge wet with water and squeegee it off and done! Works great and no streaks.

I use a mag cleaner for the inside and I purchased a window squeegee from the dollar store (it has a sponge on one side and a squeegee on the other) and I just get the sponge wet with water and squeegee it off and done! Works great and no streaks.

Good idea

I put an Adonis pleco in mine.... Never had to scrub the glass again. However my gravel/poop siphoning schedule has since quadrupled lol. Mag cleaners work great on our other thank and they don't expel any waste!

This is the result. I lol. Only so I don't cry. Lol

Attachments

• image-3594569901.jpg
    image-3594569901.jpg
    142.8 KB · Views: 121
I use a magnavore magnetic scraper. I just do it on the front. I have two hundred pounds of rock on back and side glass.

Back
Top Bottom