Gobies

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

Saltwaterking

Aquarium Advice Activist
I have a watchman tiger goby that been in my tank for a long time now , but I just added a small Mandarin goby and they look fine geting along together for what I can see but then I seen the tiger watchman snap at the mandarin goby but he only did it once so my question is you think they will be fine I'm scared my big watchman might kill the baby mandarin

I think your ok. I have a tiger watchman and a mandarin and they never bother each other. Completely different species. They will learn to live together.

Attachments

• image-4127284340.jpg
    image-4127284340.jpg
    60.2 KB · Views: 105
  • image-2156640730.jpg
    image-2156640730.jpg
    61.5 KB · Views: 102
I have the same gobies , thanks I deff feel better now , so they usually fight if their the same species but if their in the same family just different species they usually don't fight ?

The mandarin is actually a dragonet. Not even a goby. That is a usually the case. Same species will usually fight unless mated pair. Then good way to match fish is by color, size and shape. The less they look alike the more likely they will get along. This will also give you a nice diverse tank.

Does your tiger goby roam your whole tank? What size tank? My guy is biggest fish except for my yellow tang and he is the most skiddish. Only stays right outside his burrow.

Yeah my tiger does the same thing he does not rome around , and he's the biggest guy in my tank ,

And that's the same concept for tangs also i didn't know that goes for all marine fish

With tangs you really should introduce all at once and have even number. Tangs need big tank tho. Yellow tang is prolly lowest requirement at 75 gallon. If doing 3 tangs in 1 tank I would say need a 6 ft long tank

I have a blue female mandarin and a yellow watchman goby, they get along fine. :)

I have 3 tangs in my 125g 6 foot tank, a yellow a blue and a tomini. They all swim together and get along fine. In the beginning though the yellow picked on each new fish though, so I should have added him last but I had him already. lol I wouldnt put a yellow tang in anything less than a 6 foot tank. I had to wait several months before i could get my 125g so I just waited it out.

Ok thanks I was worried bc my mandarin is a baby and my watchman is almost full grown so I was concerned how can u tell Whitch ones are females and Whitch one are males ?

The dorsal fin is smaller on the female. I had my pick of a boy and girl so i got to see the difference right there. I choose the one that paid the most attention to brine shrimp being put in, she was very very tiny but showed the most promise. lol The one in the picture above looks like a boy. :)

Looks like Its a girl lol mine has a small fin I thought it was just because It's a baby

Back
Top Bottom