Gobies?

The friendliest place on the web for anyone with an interest in aquariums or fish keeping!
If you have answers, please help by responding to the unanswered posts.

FishandPotterFreak

Aquarium Advice Apprentice
Okkk, to start off this might not even happen for sure.
Buut anyway, I really like gobies, especially the golden head sleeper gobies. I was wondering, would 1 of those fit in a 29 gallon FOWLR tank? If not, what gobies do you recommend for this size tank? And what gobies can go together? What gobies do you like? What other fish can go with gobies that can live in a 29 gallon FOWLR tank?
And I know this isn't about gobies, but do I NEED to buy a RO/DI unit?(s)
If I do get saltwater, I plan to get:
Aragonite sand, how many pounds?
Live rock 15 pounds live, and 15 base/ dead rock, is that ok?
Hydrometer
Test kits
Salt mix
Protein skimmer
(I already have the tank, stand, and light)
Power head- what kind do you recommend for this size tank? And please, not to expensive!
Thank you so much for all of you time and advice!:)

I have 2 koralia 550's on my 29 gallon. And having a ro/di unit is handy, but,
you dont have to buy one if you have access to water at your lfs or other source.

I like the blue/pink spot gobies and yellow watchman. I have a wheelers shrimp goby for my 10g he's great but might b too small for 29g

I LOVE Gobies. Some really cool small ones are the high fin red banded shrimp (also called rose goby), tiger shrimp,& green clown goby. I think most of the "shrimp" gobies sty pretty small.

Thank you for all your help guys!:) What fish would go with gobies and would fit into a 29 gallon? And is it possible just to have a goby only FOWLR tank? I reaaaally like gobies! What ones can go together? I like Golden head sleeper gobies,catalina gobies, yellow watchman gobies, firefish gobies, green mandarin gobies, purple firefish gobies, rose gobies, and neon gobies, if that helps any. So what would be a good stocking list?

Catalina gobies are cold water fish. :-( And the mandarin is a very very difficult fish to keep.

Back
Top Bottom